Eight companies responded to an open request for qualifications posted on BC Bid in March. Following a comprehensive evaluation BC Hydro shortlisted 3 proponents.
Shortlisted proponent team details.
- Ontario Pension Board / Brookfield Financial
- Bouygues Travaux Publics
- Fiera Axium Infrastructure
- Connor, Clark & Lunn GVest Traditional Infrastructure LP / Gracorp Capital Advisors Ltd.
- Knight Piesold Consulting
- ALSTOM Power & Transport Canada Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Inc
Salmon River Hydro Partners
- Bilfinger Berger
- Barnard Construction
- Klohn Crippen Berger
- Voith Hydro
- F&M Installations
- HMI Construction
A request for proposals has been issued to the three companies and BC Hydro expects to award the contract in summer 2013 and construction will begin soon after. The project, which is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2018, will create about 400 jobs a year over the five years of construction.
For details of the BC Hydro announcement see the related attachment.