Founding Partner - Campbell River and District Chamber of Commerce
The Voice of Business
As the Voice of Business, the Campbell River & District Chamber of Commerce is the community’s leading advocate and champion for business. We provide leadership opportunities and business-building initiatives that focus on the critical priorities of our members and community.
By leveraging the support, talents and resources of our members, the Campbell River Chamber connects our members and creates a climate of growth and success in our community.
What We Do
As the voice of business in Campbell River, the Chamber is responsive to the needs of its nearing 500 members by offering programs and services to foster business success. The Chamber works to ensure that the local business environment is attractive, competitive and open for growth.
- Represents our members and promotes business in Campbell River
- Speaks on matters affecting our members
- Researches business issues, encourages investment, works to broaden the tax base
- Collaborates with key alliances to promote and create awareness around risks, challenges and opportunities related to business including labour market and education initiatives
- Recognizes the importance of education in providing employment skills
- Is aware of environmental and cultural issues
- Maintains contact and works with key stakeholders to improve the manner and method of doing business in Campbell River
If you’re a member and you have an issue you want the Chamber to explore, please contact us. If you are not currently a member then find out more about the benefits of membership at www.campbellriverchamber.com
Vision, Mission, Values
The Chamber will provide dedicated and professional leadership to encourage and support a vibrant and successful business community.
Mission and Mandates
The Chamber actively supports business prosperity and diversification and economic growth by:
- Providing valuable services and benefits to members;
- Creating networking events and educational seminars;
- Identifying and advocating on critical business issues;
- Promoting strategic partnerships;
- Marketing member businesses; and
- Fostering a strong and dynamic chamber team that executes effectively and successfully.
The Chamber’s values are:
- To successfully uphold the Chamber’s mission and mandates through the combined effort of staff and volunteers;
- To elect leaders who have integrity, honesty, personal accountability and great communication skills;
- To ensure that the board functions as a governing body with all operational responsibilities delegated to staff and task force volunteers;
- To foster and support free enterprise in order to encourage a prosperous community;
- To assert that a prosperous community is comprised of, as a minimum, the healthy state and functioning of the environment, economy and social elements;
- To insist that business owners conduct their businesses consistent with all applicable legislation;
- To assert that elected people must be accountable, responsible, effective and efficient;
- To direct advocacy at appropriate levels of government and/or industry to increase the likelihood of success; and
- To work to achieve effective collaborations and partnerships that are essential to achieving the Chamber’s mission and mandates.