The most recent News Notices, and upcoming Events
The latest news and notices, and upcoming events for all projects are displayed here. To read an item’s details click the item’s header. To see all postings select the appropriate menu option on the left. To see news releases, events and notices for an individual project go to that project and select Project News and Media from the left hand menu.
- Road Closure
- Brewster Lake Road closure Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays, from June 19 to July 4.
- JHGSRP Final Tour
- BC Hydro announce the final public site tour of the John Hart Generating Station Replacement Project.
- JHGS Construction Update #59
- May 2018 Construction update released.
- JHGS Construction Update #58
- April Construction Report
- JHGS Construction Update #57
- Mar 2018 Construction update released.
- JHGS Construction Update #56
- Feb 2018 Construction update released.
- Final public tour of John Hart Generating Station
- Campbell River
- BC hydro has announced the fourth and final public tour of the John Hart Generating Station for September 16 2018
- NIHP - Temporary walkway closure
- Temporary closure of the public walkway along the hospital project’s north perimeter starting in September.
- JHGS - Temp Closure
- Temporary closure for new trail as hydro construction begins
- BCHOF - Tender Process Update
- BC Hydro Operations Facility tender process updated as of Jan 17 2014
- JHGS - River Flow Update
- The weather conditions have not changed over the past month and therefore the low water inflow conditions continue for the Campbell River system. From October 7 to date, the water inflows into the upstream reservoirs are now the second lowest in 50 years of record.
- Reduced River Flow
- As a result of the ongoing dry fall season BC Hydro reduced the discharge from the John Hart generating station from about 82 cubic metres per second (m3/s) to about 67 m3/s.
- BCHOF - New Project added to site
- British Columbia Hydro & Power Authority is constructing a new 28,000 sq.ft Operations Facility in Campbell River. The $23M Project involves a new facility of approximately 28,000 sq.ft which includes on-site services and related site development work located at Quinsam Crossing, Campbell River, BC.